WHITE HOUSE – On Tuesday, February 12 at 9:00 p.m. ET, President Obama will deliver his annual State of the Union Address. Once again, we will be streaming an enhanced version of the speech that features graphics, data and stats that highlight the issues thePresident is discussing on WhiteHouse.gov/SOTU. We will also live stream that broadcast through the White House Live App on Facebook, YouTube and our Google+ page.
Immediately following the speech, we’ll be streaming a virtual Q&A live from the White House. During this special “Open for Questions” event, a panel of senior advisors will be answering questions about the President’s address submitted by citizens via Twitter (using the hashtag’s #WHChat & #SOTU), Google+ and Facebook, as well as from the live in-person audience of White House Social participants.
In the days following the speech, Administration officials will continue to take questions on key issue areas addressed in the President’s speech submitted by the public on social media during an “Open for Questions” marathon.
You can submit questions during the event on Twitter (#WHChat & #SOTU), Facebookand Google+ or ahead of time with participating sites. Each “Open for Questions” event will be streamed live on WhiteHouse.gov/SOTU. Check out the full line up below.
“Open for Questions” Marathon
Tuesday, February 12th:
10:00 p.m. ET: Post-SOTU “Open for Questions”
- Brian Deese, Deputy Director of the National Economic Council
- Josh Earnest, Principal Deputy Press Secretary (@JEarnest44)
- Sarah Bianchi, Director of Economic and Domestic Policy for the Vice President
- Felicia Escobar, Senior Policy Director for Immigration
- Roberto Rodriguez, Special Assistant to the President for Education Policy
- Heather Zichal, Deputy Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Policy
Wednesday, February 13th:
- 2:30 p.m. ET: Jobs and the economy with Jason Furman, Deputy Director of the National Economic Council, moderated by Yahoo! Finance
- 3:15 p.m. ET: Education with Arne Duncan, Secretary of Education moderated by Babble
- 4:00 p.m. ET: Energy and the environment with Heather Zichal, Deputy Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change, moderated byPopular Science.
Thursday, February 14th:
- 4:30 p.m. ET: “Fireside Hangout” with President Obama
Friday, February 15th:
- 3:00 p.m. ET: Reducing gun violence with Bruce Reed, Chief of Staff to Vice President Biden, moderated by iVillage.
- 4:00 p.m. ET: Immigration reform with Cecilia Munoz, Director of the White House Domestic Policy Council